Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Resolutely!!

That is the word that came to mind when I started to write.  Is it a word??  a REAL word?  I know I've heard it used before, but I must confess, I had to look it up.

Resolutely- an adverb, showing firm determination or purpose
adv-with firmness

I have resolutely determined to complete my 40 weeks and 40 days. Revelations to Resolutions still going strong.  Anyone else resolved to accomplish something this week?

To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. 
 2 Thess 1:11-12 ESV

Update on week 9:
I did manage to catch up on some cleaning, it's not perfect by any means, but sometimes other stuff is just more important.  I also ran and beat my distance record thus far.
I worked that extra shift I mentioned.  I was so very tired by the end of the week.  Friday was my extra day and on that day I experienced something I had never had happen to me before as a nurse of 17 years. A young mother with a 6month old and a 3 yr old came in and  I had to look at her and tell her that her urine test was positive!!  She was pregnant, she had no idea.  First came the look of shock, then came the wilting, then the tears.  The momma in me grabbed hold of her hand, she was having a "freak out" moment.  "Don't panic"  I said, "let me run it again", while she was absorbing the news she said in a wail sort of fashion "I just had a baby".  God Love.  I have worried about that child all weekend, okay 20 something is not really a child, but she did look like one to me.  I can't really say more due to patient privacy rules.  I'm not sure if anything I said was encouraging.  She was in shock.  I was a bit in shock myself.  I Don't know why it rattled me so.  Perhaps it was her reaction.  She wasn't ready to travel that road again.  I'm praying she will be once she's over the initial shock of it all.  So many would give anything to be starting out on that journey.  Say a prayer for her this week if you can.
So glad I worked an extra shift!!  All to the Glory!

Week 10
March 4-10th
This week I will.....
1.  make a donation-can't really tell about that one
2.  Run, run, run
3.  read a chapter

Blessed Journeys!
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment