Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A NEW HOBBY

Recently, I was watching an episode of Sesame Street.  My 9 month old of course was not.  Everyone on the show had a case of "mineitis" and no one was sharing, not even Big Bird!!  It had spread from person to person like some terrible virus.  Needless to say it was a brutal world, this world where no one was sharing.   I have thought about that episode for weeks now, while considering to do this blogging thing.  I have been prayerfully considering this "new hobby" for several months now and shame on me for taking so long.  Usually when God has given you a "nugget" it is meant for you.....but ONLY you?? I know the answer...

My friend recently and lovingly called me "a mystery".  What she meant and  what I heard were probably very different.  I am introverted and a few would call me quiet:)lol,  but I would hate to think that I went through this life as a complete mystery to people.  Christians are not mysteries.  At least, they shouldn't be.  

I am reminded  that even Christians are also vulnerable to this "mineitis".  2009 belongs to the Lord, just as 2008 and 2007 and so forth.   We forget that EVERYTHING belongs to God, and God SHARED his Son with us out of Love.......
and so I'm putting my self  "out there"  and I pray that in the sharing, the One who created me is glorified.  The One who knows me better than anyone else, not as a mystery, but as HIS child. 

7 comments:

  1. Hey meredith- I'm very excited about your blog. What friend would ever call you a mystery? I bet whoever it was just meant that you were quiet and probably wished she could be more like you. Probably. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meredith!
    Welcome to the world of blogging! I am so excited you have joined us and can't wait to see what all He gives you to share with us!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you have joined the blogging world. You have such great insight into things; I can't wait to read more. Also- I love the name of your blog!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have told you a long time ago you have a greater calling than even being a caregiver. You are an example of good in this world and I look forward to reading your blogs.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogging world! Look forward to hear from you!
    I will add you to my list on my side bar!
    :)
    ~dd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meredith,
    I look forward to your blogs. Ever since you gave your testimony from the Mexico trip, I have wanted to hear more from you. Thank you for sharing with us in this mine world.
    Vicki Pounders

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Meredith! I finally found your blog. I have apparently abandoned mine since I have not blogged in about 3 months... I wanted to let you know you blog has definitely touched my heart today. Your kind spirit shows all the time. I noticed that you had Hillsong on your playlist. Hillsong will be at the Basement on May 29th which is a Friday night if you are interested. I think we are going to try to get the youth band and a few others to go if you are interested. Tix are $15....

    ReplyDelete