Thursday, January 29, 2009

Random thoughts...

There is a house in my neighborhood on a corner that catches my attention.  I noticed it again today.  On many an unusual spring-like day, the wife and mother who lives there opens up all her blinds and  even sometimes her windows.  She lets the light in.  She lets the breeze flow through.  It is as if she is asking for refreshment and renewal.  Welcome spring! Welcome light!  Refresh my home and my soul!

 Whenever I drive by her house I often think, "I like her. Look what she does, she's not afraid to open up her home to the world",  It always makes me smile.  I love to open my windows and french doors.  I bet if I had the chance to know her we would get along well.   I've  only met her once, while walking with our children.  

I feel the same way  about 2009, as she must feel about those open windows.   I am thankful for a new year, despite it's unknowns.  I am thankful for a renewal.   My husband is safely home from his deployment.  My time and my home have been restored.   Time to run, time to excercise, time to slow down, time to do everything. (and nothing if I choose:))  I am thankful for a God who will refresh and renew my spirit with his Word, a God who is faithful. ALWAYS.  A God who delights in our praise as we lift our faces into the breezy sunlight to worship Him with our whole hearts.  Welcome Lord!!  Won't you just go there with me?.......

I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. 
 My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. 
 Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.  I sought the
 Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.  Those 
who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
Psalm 34:1-5

Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away,
 yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ... 2 Cor. 4:16

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but 
those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on
wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and
not be faint. 
  Isaiah 40:30,31

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Meredith!! It brings tears to my eyes, the faithfulness and goodness of our Lord, how truly wonderful His refreshing is! I am so glad He has refreshed you and restored your time and your home... what blessings!

    I never knew that you ran... maybe some weekends when the daddy's have the boys (or they can get the boys together) we can go for a run and a chat! I would love that, as currently I always run by myself...

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! going there with you...

    I am thankful for a God who will refresh and renew my spirit with his Word, a God who is faithful. ALWAYS. A God who delights in our praise as we lift our faces into the breezy sunlight to worship Him with our whole hearts.

    Lifting my face -
    Sweet post Meredith
    Love and Blessings,
    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I need to let the light in more. Warmer weather come on!! I've been "training" for our 5K. I can't wait for us to run.

    ReplyDelete