Saturday, January 31, 2009

You just gotta go....

Well, I had to go to Wal-Mart today.  I really hate WM.  Maybe hate is  not the right word.  Maybe despise, or dislike?  Maybe it depends on the day you ask me. I do not judge other people who do like to shop there  and  I won't go into all the reasons why I do not like the place.........but I do try to avoid the place whenever humanly possible.  My previous boycotts included about a 3 year span with only one visit.....and that was only because our visitors from out of town really needed to go.   Today it was my husband who needed to go.  He was looking for something that he only found online at WM.  Whenever I go to the WM, I see STUFF.  Stuff I do not need paid for by money I don't have, and  Made by people who don't care.    So.....I just don't go.  It's a personal problem......I know.

I agreed to go today however,  And in a good natured fashion I might add.   Hubby even threw in a "Hey, can we go eat at the Whataburger?"  It was an outing!!  Together!!  No way was I passing up this opportunity for quality time!!   So I tried to take off my negativities for a while and we took the baby and enjoyed ourselves.  It was his first trip into a WM.  I enjoyed watching his reactions to "all that glitters".....he's 10 months old.  AND my bacon cheeseburger was really good!!

Still don't care much for the place,  but I guess my point to this   blog is ......sometimes,  you just gotta go to Wal-Mart.     And sometimes ........my husband just has to go to the mall, or the shoe store.........(insert really big grin here).

3 comments:

  1. Girl...you crack me up! I can't imagine going that long and not going in WM!!!
    Now you have made me want a bacon cheeseburger! LOL
    Blessings,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to thank you for your comments on my post. I don't get to visit every blog very often because I'm learning "everything done in moderation" (quite a journey:), but I truly am blessed with your encouragement. Thank you so much!

    Oh yeah, Wal-mart is my favorite store and the day you wrote this post, my friend had told me some reasons why she doesn't go to Wal-mart unless necessary. Not coincidence:) Gonna' have to pray about this one:) WM may have to be taken off my list of favorites:(

    Blessings to you! Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl who feels the same way about WM as I do. And for some of the same reason as I. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete