Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Some running and some cookies

Week 7
February 12th - 18th
1.  I will read another chapter of my chosen book.
2.  I will run at least 6 miles this week
3.  I will not eat ALL the girl scout cookies

I'm late in getting this post finished and up, not because I grow weary of the adventure,  but because I haven't had a moment to myself to finish it.  I'm still really enjoying the challenges I'm facing.  My husband's job made me a single parent this weekend and on Sunday we learned of a daycare crisis that caused quite a scramble.  It all worked out though, but I am pooped and the week is only half way through.  When I am tired I tend to head for the chocolate, thus goal #3.  Those Thin Mints and Tagalongs are really calling my name.  

Oh, Taste and see that the LORD is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!  
Psalm 34:8 ESV

Update on week 6
I ran 6.75 miles this week and I read my chapter.  My third goal was to make contact with someone who I hadn't talked to in awhile and to include them in my prayers.  My pantry filling Girl Scout cookies came in last week after I had written this goal,  and my mind went back to fond memories of camping, caving, and horses.  Of cookie selling, badges,  canoeing, and some awesome troop leaders.  I realized that my head leader is one person that I haven't talked to since possibly college, 20 years maybe.  Might even be more.  She played such an important part of my young life.  I am amazed at how far apart people drift over time.  I found her on Facebook.  I made contact and it was well received!! (teary eyed)  Sweet memories, I wish I could find a picture of those days.  I don't have a scanner that works but a good girl scout picture from the 80's is one worthy of trying, so I will see what I can do.  I know you are just dying to see my 80's hair,  or maybe not. :)  Anyway, this story is to be continued.  I hope to go to a reunion in March.  We will see.

Blessed Journeys!


No comments:

Post a Comment