Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just for Fun Friday

Today is as good a time as any to talk about my water bottle that I mentioned in a previous post.  I know you might be thinking ,"what could be so blogworthy about a water bottle?"--Well, I'll tell you...

If you are like me, you like to keep lists and cross things out and check boxes and such.  If you like to keep track of your water intake because you know you should drink more water, then you probably like to make tic marks somewhere.  But if you are like me, you lose track of which tic mark was made last.....the glass you last finished or the glass you are drinking now? and at the end of the day you are left wondering......did I drink 40 ounces or 60 ounces?  lol:)   Now, here's the good part.   My sister got this great water bottle for Christmas, and I just HAD to have one!!  It has a dial on it that allows you to keep track of your intake.  Everytime I refill the bottle I move the dial.   It holds 20 oz and since using it, I am consistently drinking about 50 ounces or more a day.  Somehow, I'm okay with NOT knowing the exacts? go figure......:)  I leave it on my counter and take a drink whenever I pass by.  Today I am still on fill-up #1.  But it is early!

This bottle is made by Thermos and I bought mine at Target for 9.99 plus tax. It might be on sale by now!!   It comes in many colors.  It is easy to clean and has a nice hinged lid that locks and seals.  It hasn't spilled in my bag or purse at all.  As a bonus, it is free of those chemicals that everyone is making such a fuss about.  

As a nurse, I of course endorse the drinking of good ol' water.  Your body needs it.  So go forth and be healthy.......and go buy a cool water bottle if you so desire.  Mine is pink!!  

Have a blessed weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day!!

4 comments:

  1. I think this is great blog material...plus you are passing on great advice to friends ...drink you water!!! I will look for the water bottle ...it sounds cool and if it helps you drink more water then I def. need one!
    Blessings,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of blog material! So glad you shared it with us. I may have to make a Target run this weekend and see if I can find one.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to share a picture with us so when we all go to get ours we can know that we are getting the right one!! I try to drink at least 4 big glasses of water today... so far I have had only one... I went to chick-fil-a and had 2 cups of sweet tea, it was delicious!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meredith, thanks for dropping by. That water bottle sounds neat and that's something I would post about! Especially if you bought it at Target! Have a great week and hope to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete