Monday, February 23, 2009

The kid in the Oven

I was watching my child today and considering how  tomorrow he will be 11 months old and how quickly time flies.  Over the past two weeks he has  perfected his clap, his backwards wave, and his use of the sippy cup.  No more bottle!?!   He tries to sing the Elmo song.  He has experimented with the crab walk, as he is getting ready to walk any day now.  Today he decided that he did not like hot dog bites.  This is the first food that he has shown an aversion to, as he is normally a big pig.  He is transforming into  a little person!  Today his daily chats with the kid in the oven (his reflection) changed from just chatter to purposeful activity.  I watched him as he intently studied this kid.  When he waved, the kid waved.  When he laughed and clapped, the kid laughed and clapped back.  Then he held both arms way up over his head and laughed and laughed at how the kid in the oven did that as well.  It was quite a show.  The kid did whatever he told him to do, in perfect step, a perfect reflection.

I watched him for some time,  all the while wondering  about my own reflection.  Or to be more exact, the Lord's reflection.  Do I reflect the Lord's glory on a daily basis?  Is my transformation into his likeness pleasing to the Lord?  or do I stall more often than I should? Is that reflection perfectly in sync? Do I allow the Spirit to saturate every part of my being?  My journey to that perfect reflection is just that, a journey.   Long and slow and steady.  Sometimes stalled and stubborn.   Prayerfully  Seeking.......and only to be finally perfected when my journey is over.  Do you imagine an artist who lovingly adds the very last perfect brush stroke on that glorious day?!! (I do)  A perfect picture that can only give all the Glory to the Father!!

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2Cor 3:18)

Amen!  


No comments:

Post a Comment