Tuesday, January 31, 2012

An Update and On to Week Five


So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.   1 Cor. 10:31 ESV

Update on week four.  A very odd week.  It started out badly, when I headed out to go to work on Monday and my car wouldn't start.  It was also the morning that more tornadoes raged across our state.  Because I believe there are reasons for all things, I am trusting that my car sat unmoving all day in the driveway for a very good reason, but I really did hate calling in to work.  It turned out later to be a beautiful day and I set my mind to run again and drink in some good worship music.   Fortunately the car turned out to just have a dead battery and not need some other more very expensive repair!  However, other folks in nearby parts of the state did not remain untouched by the storms and for them I was heavy hearted. 

I managed to run on 4 different days this week.  This is huge for me.  On my run days I have been coming straight home to tackle some general strengthening exercises.  These help to prevent injury and to improve overall health and presence.  To run and not be injured(most of the time) is to run in a strengthened or practiced state.  To be strong or excellent in ANY endeavor requires practice.  Do I practice holiness?  Do I practice encouragement?  Do I practice intimate communication with my creator?   Do I put my faith into practice?  Am I continually in pursuit of these things?  These are questions that have rolled my way over the past year.   Revelations into Resolutions!  Yes, it really is connected.


The Other Goals:
So, I was dusting.  And thinking.  I stopped to take a picture of my plight.  Stacks of stuff I want to or have started reading and have not finished.  I love to read.  But lately it seems that saving the time for reading just doesn't come as easily as it once did.  I'm a mommy now.  I also need sleep. (I LOVE sleep)  I work.  I have a home to run.  We all have our obligations,  so I know I'm not the only one to be frustrated by such a desire.  Finding the time to read my three little chapters WAS tricky, but I managed.  And it was GOOOOD! I'll share more later. :)
Oh,  and I have lost my 4 pounds in 4 weeks. (Yay!)

Week Five
January 29th-Feb 4th
1.  I will read 3 more chapters.
2.  I will lose 1/2 a pound
3.  I will hold hands with someone this week who needs encouragement.

Sweet Journeys!!





1 comment:

  1. I like your goals for week five. Hold hands with someone who needs encouragement got me! I want to be a blessing to someone too. (:>)

    Glad your car issue was minor. Have a blessed day!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete